We survived 21.12.2012. I didn’t make any new year resolutions (till 22nd Dec), just in case the Mayan prediction (dooms day) proved right 🙂
But here are we, alive and kicking. I think it’s time I should make some resolutions for the new year. That’s a different story that by end of the year, most of us (including myself) don’t even remember what resolutions we made. Nonetheless I feel we should still do this exercise every year. After all, we all love and believe in terms like optimism and initiatives despite not following those very things every time.
So, here goes the list of my new year resolutions.
- I will Learn at least 2 new programming languages and/or frameworks.
- I will start Reading more (books, blogs, magazines). I already spend decent amount of time reading, especially online junk, however this year I want to focus more on reading offline stuff.
- I will get a Standing desk like the one below and in case I couldn’t afford one, will seriously do something about long sitting hours.
- I will Exercise/Jog/Walk daily. And if that doesn’t work (had to add this clause based on last few years experience), I’ll at least play games on Wii daily 🙂
- I will kick the Car habit and try alternative modes of transportation. My office is hardly 1 km from my home (jealous?) but I still take car to office daily despite trying hard (may be not hard enough) to resist the temptation.
- I will measure my Productivity to ensure all my efforts are in right direction.
- I will take one Long break every year (haven’t yet thought about how long) and during this time, won’t be checking emails.
- I will spend more Quality time with my son (my favorite).
Note: Not each of the resolution mentioned above is original, some are “inspired” just like Bollywood movies are inspired from movies down south and yes, Hollywood.
So what are your new year resolutions?